Grove House Surgery
80 Pryors Lane, Bognor Regis, PO21 4JB
It's Wednesday 11:43 AM — We're open
Telephone: 01243 265222
Fax: 01243 email@example.com
Do I Need to Be Seen?
For a lot of common illnesses from which we all suffer, there is no specific cure and they will be relieved with time and simple remedies available without prescription. Therefore, please do not expect your doctor to prescribe a drug for every problem. Discussion and advice may be far more useful and free from side effects.
The Appointment System
This is a group practice. Patients are encouraged to see the same doctor for continuity of care. This is not always going to be possible, so to enable us to accomodate your request for an appointment you may be offered an appointment with an alternative doctor. You can make an appointment with the doctor or nurse in person or by telephoning 01243 265222 after 8.30am. A selection of GP appointments are also available on line. Please call in at our reception desk to register for on line services.
Our ethos is to do “today’s work today”, however pre-bookable appointments are available. An appointment is for the one person only. If you are unable to attend for your appointment, please let us know. Urgent problems will be seen the same day by the duty doctor. In any event you should be able to see a doctor within two working days.
Regular checkups for well adults are recommended at three-yearly intervals. Doctors or nurses will advise as to check up intervals for those with chronic diseases.
The receptionist may ask for details which are necessary to assist in dealing efficiently with your problems. Rest assured all information is treated in the strictest confidence.
How You Can Help Us
The telephone lines and receptionists will be very busy from 8.30am and 10.30am therefore
- Do not telephone on a Monday morning for a follow-up routine appointment, as this is the busiest day.
- Do not telephone before 10.30am for routine queries
- Please make requests for home visit before 10.00am wherever possible.
- Let the surgery know as soon as possible if you no longer need your appointment
- Nurses will discuss blood results at 11.30am in the morning and 4.30pm in the afternoon after their normal clinics
- Use the prescription box to post your repeat prescription requests rather than hand in at the desk
- Remember that we require two working days to process your repeat prescription. If you request your prescription through a pharmacy then please allow 5 working days.
- Check your supplies of your regular medication and try not to run out
- Only order what repeat medications you really need
- Use NHS 111 for 24 hour advice and health information if necessary.
- Use a chemist (if appropriate), the Pharmacist is qualified to give advice for everyday illnesses, from stomach upsets, to coughs, colds and sore throats.
Spare a Thought
Please remember your appointment is only for 10 minutes.
Whilst the doctor has your best interest at heart, he/she cannot properly deal with a whole list of concerns in such a short time. The doctor may therefore have to prioritise your concerns and ask you to make a subsequent appointment.
Please spare a thought for those patients after you, who are waiting for their own appointment.
Also please spare a thought for the reception staff who try their best to help you.
8.30am - 6.30pm
8.30am - 8.00pm
8.30am - 6.30pm
6.45am - 6.30pm
8.30am - 6.30pm