Grove House Surgery

Grove House Surgery

80 Pryors Lane, Bognor Regis, PO21 4JB

Current time is 08:05 - Sorry, we're closed


Telephone: 01243 265222


We aim to provide patients with the best care we can, but we will sometimes fall short of the mark.  If you have any compliments, comments, concerns or complaints about our service we want to hear about it.

We would encourage you to speak to whoever you feel most comfortable with – your doctor, a nurse, a receptionist, or manager – but if you would prefer to give your feedback in writing please send it to the Practice Manager, Nigel Pope.  You can also give us feedback using the Friends and Family Test – I Want Great Care that is at the surgery front desk or leave a comment in the comments book on reception.

If you have a complaint to make, please don’t be afraid to say how you feel.  We welcome feedback to help us improve our standards and you will not be treated any differently because you have complained.  We will do our best to put right anything that has gone wrong.

As a patient of the NHS you have a right to:

  • Have your complaint dealt with efficiently
  • Have your complaint properly investigated
  • Be informed of the outcome of your complaint
  • Take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman if you are not satisfied with the outcome

How to complain (Local Resolution) – Complaints and Comments Leaflet

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible in writing marked for the attention of the Practice Manager who is the complaints manager. Complaints received by the practice are overseen by an appointment partner who acts as the surgery’s responsible person.  The responsible person ensures that the surgery complies with procedures and action is taken as a result of a complaint.

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and offer to make arrangements to discuss your concerns. We will also give you an idea of how long our investigation may take

  • We will then investigate your complaint within the practice.
  • We will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation
  • We will send you a response explaining the outcome of our investigation and any actions to be taken as a result.

We will aim to have looked into your complaint as soon as possible. When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong;
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Alternative options

You may not wish to resolve your complaint locally and would rather an alternative please contact NHS England complaints team.

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 3113322

For advice about your complaint please contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) for advice.

Healthwatch West Sussex Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service (IHCAS)

Telephone: 0300 012 0122


Address: The Billingshurst Community Centre, Roman Way, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9QW

for commissioning issues, please contact.

NHS Coastal West sussex CCG
1 The Causeway
Goring by Sea
West Sussex
BN12 6BT

Tel: 01903 708557 or 01243 403707

What to do if you are not happy with the response –
If you are not happy with our response (local resolution) you can ask the Health Service Ombudsman for an ‘independent review’. Their details are as follows:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Tel. Complaints Helpline 0345 015 4033

Care Quality Commission
CQC is the independent regulator of all health and social care in England. They monitor, inspect and regulate all hospitals, care homes, home-care agenices, GP practices and dental practices.

Read more about the CQC at

Contact details;

Care Quality Commission
Newcastle upon Tyne

Tel: 03000 616161